Monday, October 19, 2009

Bought my first pair of European earring...

I arrived in London a little over 24 hours ago. Unlike HOT Israel, London is cold, cloudy and windy and I'm starting to wish I brought more winter clothes.. I can't help it- I don't have many winter clothes and the thought of buying new ones didn't occur to me. So I'm layering, and so far I'm doing good. I think all the years in SF trained my body well on adjusting to Fall/Winter.

I can't get over how HUGE this place it, how many people and how much history. It seems like everywhere you turn there's a street where I can just see English gentlemen in tophats, pocket-watches and canes walking.. too funny. I took a tour on Shakespeare's London and got a little glimpse at the history of this city.
I found a market area, bought my first pair of earring (those of you who know me well know I can't go long without satisfying my fix.. ).

I'm lucky enough to have an amazing friend here (Shira) who got me a room in the apartment above hers. I have my own room, kitchen and bath basically to myself.

I think I'm still in a little bit of shock that I'm here, I'm actually doing this. In some ways I'm so excited to see new things and meet new people, and, if I'm being perfectly honest, in other ways I miss home and am thinking of turning back early..

I reminded myself this morning that moving to SF was much harder than this, and I'm sure there were moments early on where I had wished I hadn't moved. But before long I got busy and had a great time. I know that's how it'll be here, and if I choose to go abck home sooner than what I had initially planned- no big deal (Europe isn't going anywhere..). My plan is still to wake up every morning with a smile, and I figure when that doesn't happen anymore it's time to pack up my things.

Right now-- I'm here and I'm making the most out of it!! Thanks for all your love and support, I know I've got people around the world who love me.
I LOVE YOU ALL TOO!!!

4 comments:

  1. NO leaving early!!!!! You will love it.. just breathe. You will look back in 40 years and just love that you spent so much time there. There is a new friendly face just around the corner at the cafe! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will get in your groove in no time and will probably not want the trip to end! Enjoy your time, you are so very lucky...and loved. miss you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i guess my profile is set to pokey. this is karla btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you felt after getting heisted, Naomi Only mine was physical and I was on crutches for a week after.

    On my first morning in Madrid, at the beginning of our trip (1999?), I went for an early morning jog in Madrid's Central Park with my friend. We were accosted -- from behind, neck wrap-around --- and dragged backwards to the ground. yes, I lost my money, but far worse, I had a very sore leg for a long time.
    Klove your comment on Yesterday and Tomorrow. Only TODAY counts. I love you. SABA

    ReplyDelete