As I was sitting here writing you all last night about the lovely day I've had, someone stole my backpack..
It was on the floor next to my leg, one moment it was there, the next it was gone. With the help of the security team and the security camera there's a good shot of who the asshole is and what time exactly he took my bag. It was my day backpack, with my passport, ipod, phone, sketchbook and other little things that I kept there. The first moment was shock and fear. Then I got calm for some reason, thinking that I still have my money and credit cards, I have a copy of my passport on email and everything will be fine.
However, I spent most of the night dreaming about this, thinking that maybe my bag will somehow appear and everything will be fine. Well I woke up and it hadn't, and I spent the day at the police station and at the Israeli Embassy, trying to figure out my next move. The good news- my camera was with me, so all my photo memories are safe!!
I'll be honest with you guys, not everything is as great as I write these days. I don't know the language which is really affecting me, I'm in this beautiful city by myself and I haven't really met fellow travellers that have made the last few days more familiar. In times like these you want to be hugged by someone you know, and that's not something I have these days.
I had considered for a moment to pack up my things and end the trip here, go back home. I'm in need of a break from walking, sightseeing, packing and unpacking. I think today is about staying indoors, reading my Jane Austen book (Mansfield Park) amd feeling a little sorry for myself. Hopefully I'll get over this state really soon and wake up tomorrow with renewed energy. Bottom line, I know that dwelling on the "what ifs" won't do me any good, and maybe I just need to give myself an hour of self pitty before I leave this whole thing behind me.
I will end with a quote- "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift- that's why it is called Present".
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment