I'm leaving this amazing city in just a couple of hours, and I need to take a moment and reflect on all that I've done and seen this week, and of course mention some important people who've made this city better for me.
Edinburgh itself is pretty small compared to HUGE London, and it makes it feel kind of like a little neighboorhood- which I love. I have loved walking the hills, stairs and stone streets of Old town, everywhere I looked there's history looking back. After my 3 day trip I was blessed to have the sun shining for the rest of my time here, which made walking the city much more fun. And even when I wasn't in a walking/sightseeing mood, this place is very mellow, and sitting around sketching was still so much fun. I've even learned to like the hostel world and I'm looking forward to the next hostel in Paris..
I have no doubt that I will be back soon, and truth be told- if I hadn't already booked my flight to Paris back when I was in London, I would have stayed here longer. On the other hand- it's good to leave while still wanting more..
Thank you Colleen and Ellie- for joining me on my very first pub crawl. Thank you Jessee, Dina, Ashley and Anna- my fellow macbackers. You made the trip so much better, made me laugh when I really didn't feel like it and made me feel a little like home. Owen- for convincing me to come on the crawl, for introducing me to Haggis- thanks to you I can absolutely say that I've tasted Scotland.
On to Paris and the next adventure. My big wish is that each week/city only surpasses the previous. That's deffinetly where I am now. Love you all for reading and wanting to know what I'm up to, and I LOVE reading your comments- so please write in..
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
בובה את כותבת מדהים!!!
ReplyDeletetell me more, tell me more....
Naomi - it's nice to read your comments. Now that you are in Paris, I hope you can take in 2 places that I recommend. First the Rodin Museum in Paris has the greatest number of Rodin sculptures and the museum was his working studio. It is fantastic. Second, if you take in any cathedrals, make sure to see the Saint Chappelle Cathedral, near Notre Dam. This small cathedral was started in 1246 and only took a few years to build, and, has the most incredible amount of stained glass. Truly incredible. It was built for Louis IXth as his personal cathedral. Small - you won't spend a lot time, but it is surely worth it if you are close. Enjoy! - Jeff
ReplyDelete