Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Let me tell you about the last couple of days

I found a Labyrinth park in the barcelona university yesterday. Not many people know about it so it was basically empty, I was able to let go of my bag for a bit and not worry about someone grabbing it from me. I walked into this little park, and felt like I was somewhere else, with flashbacks of "Great expectations" (remember the house where they met as kids..). It was such a unique place and experience, it completely filled me with energy and joy, and I felt so lucky to be where I am, doing what Im doing, and seeing these beautiful sights. I found a bench, took off my shoes, took off my long sleeve shirt (the sun was shining and it was a beautiful afternoon), read my book for a bit and then shut my eyes for a few minutes. It was the best way I can imagine to spend an afternoon, and if and when I ever come back to Barcelona- this is absolutely my first stop!!
Today I went to Montserrat, a  very old little town up in the mountain about an hour from the city, with the oldest boys choir and oldest printing house in the world. I hear the choir sing for 5 minutes and then walked around this really beautiful place for a few hours. Hiked around for a bit, soaked up some good freash air and got an amazing view of the entire area. My Ipod was playing Yehudit ravitz during the hike, and at the perfect moment my favorite song came on- "Shir lelo Shem", and it was absolutely perfect and quite the spiritual moment. Again I felt so full of joy and energy and so lucky to be where I am right now.
Im here for one more full day and on thursday I leave for venice to start the Italy part of this trip, soooo excited. Right now though Im just to be here, Ive been lucky enough to meet some really amazing people in this city.
Elisha- my aussie partner in crime, Ive only known you for a short time and you are so precious to me. Thanks for dinner, sangria and the great night discussing everything under the sun.
Thank you all for tuning in to read what I have to say. I love you all!!!

3 comments:

  1. Naomi, Jeff is helping me make a comment SABA I'm enjoying your blogs. More later. SABA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying your blog, Naomi. And recall my European experiences.

    It's early morning, off for a bike ride with Joyce and then my afternoon shift at Byerlys . It'll probably be cheese once more. I'm getting tired of the same thing each time. But I like having the job and chatting with people.

    I like your writing style. Maybe you have a novel inside that wants to come out. With all your travels I bet you could create one. LoveYa SABA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nov. 22--Buena Sera Naomi! Your Venice installment was delighful! Can't wait to read all about Florence...Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete