Sunday, November 15, 2009

I get why people love this city..

I arrived in Barcelona almost 3 days ago and I get it.. unlike Paris which is soooo beautiful, romantic and--well, paris.. Barcelona, to me at least, has a different energy.

I got into my hostel after an afternoon of travel. I had only recieved my passport via fedEx 2 hours before having to leave. The moment I got out of the bus and was in the city I already felt better. Coming from nearly a month of having to wear 3 layers, a coat, gloves and scarf, and now come to weather where I can walk around in a t-shirt--that was fantastic..

I really love the hostel I staying at, excellent people from all over (a lot of americans funny enough). For some reason it has been a lot easier meeting people here and connecting than it was in Paris (maybe its the weather, I dont know..). This hostel has a kitchen which means that I was able to chop something and make a salad for the first time in weeks..

Ive walked along the city, top to bottom, seen the gaudi architecture and was absolutely amazed. the thing is that the grand cathedral isnt finished yet, and it wont be for another 50 years or so. This city is contiuing a project that started by someone who is no longer here, and somehow they think that they can continue his vision.. regardless- the size of this thing really takes your breath away.. Theres also something so great about walking down some street and hearing a Spanish guitar in the background. even though its nearing winter, this city doesnt know it, or doesnt care..


after getting my bag taken in Paris, and hearing ALL the pickpocketing stories of Barcelona- I am SUPER contious of this, and I carry everything valuable in my bra.. and Im happy to say that no one has come at me yet.. I also think that what happenned in Paris affected me more than what I had initially thought, and I spent the better part of the last week a little down, missing something familiar and kinda wanting routine again. I was almost bitching about being here by myself (ok so I was actually bitching about it, to myself..), and then I told myself to snap out of it, everything will be fine- this is my dream trip that I am doing right now, and I am in BARCELONA- so start taking in the sights and live the moment and everything else will work itself out.. so that is what I did, and a couple of hours later I was at a table in the hostel, having dinner and playing cards with about 10 new friends.. Went out last night with a couple of my new friends and danced for about 4 hours-- I cant really move today..:)


Its a funny thing that happends when you start taking your own advice-- I always say that complaining about any situation does absolutely nothing and gets you nowhere near a solution, so stop it right now and realize that this whole thing is your own doing and your choice- you can change your mind and take a different path any time. And when I actually listenned to that- everything got better..

About the photos- Im gonna wait until I get back home to upload them, just because it takes forever to do it and other people need these computers as well. So right now there are about 17 pictures from London only.. many more to come I promise. I love you all for loving me and checking in on what Im up to!!! 4 more days here and off to ITALY!! 
Right now though- Im here and loving it!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm envious of your warm weather. Sounds like Barcelona is more like your cup of tea, at least on this trip. More to come and I can't wait to read about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess u need to go to Barcelona to learn about the advantage of a big Bar... for your personal safety...
    I love reading your insight and hope that u will alwase listen to your self - u know best!!! have fun and let your inner sun to shine regardless the weather outside. love u a lot.

    ReplyDelete