Friday, November 6, 2009

Paris, the little I've seen in the last 2 days..

So like I said before I was kind of bummed to leave Edinburgh. I had some anxiety about coming to a country who's primary language I don't speak; and I had already met a few people in Edinburgh and I started to feel comfortable with the city. And the thought of learning a new city was more fear causing than excitement.
But then I got out at the Metro station, waiting to meet Matt; a friend of a good SF friend (Fred I love you and thank you so much) who agreed to host me for a few nights, and I realized- Holy shit!! I started the day in Scotland and ended it in France!! And suddenly I got excited at seeing a new city and figuring it out.
As it turns out, Matt is one of the nicest guys one could ever meet, and he reqlly took care of me, made me feel at home. However, I woke up in the morning and realized I wasn't done with the cold, it followed me from London. Im sure that getting drenched on that highland "wee walk" didn't help, nor did going to a club the night before in Edinburgh (on another pub crawl) and having to scream in peoples' ears for a couple of hours. So I spent my first day in Paris in bed, coughing.
Today I ventured out finally and started walking. I can't deny it- this is a beautiful city!!! All the movies, stories and pictures are completely true. Tomorrow is going to be a "get lost in the city" kind of day (if the weather is nice). Right now I'm not exactly taken back by the city, but I'm giving myself a couple more days to fall in love with it.
More to come in a couple of days..

3 comments:

  1. היי נודדת, אני לא יודעת איפה את ישנה, אבל קחי מטרו 10
    ורדי בסן מישל- לכי לאיבוד ברובע השישי- התאהבות מובטחת
    לא לשכוח גלידה של אמורינו ב"רו דה בוסי"- את לא חייבת לימון
    :-)
    זה נכון שהצרפתים לא חביבים כמו הסקוטים, אבל העיר שלהם ככ יפה
    מתגעגעת- גם אלייך וגם לפריז

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please write more about Paris. One day I'd like to visit to see it for myself but until then, I'm living vicariously through your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. לכבוד הביקור בפריז - ראיתי בהמלצתך את "ג'ולי וג'וליה" הסרט המדובר..ולמרות שאני לא אוהבת לבשל כמוך, אבל בהחלט אוהבת לאכול :-) הוא עושה חשק לאכול בפריז!!אז למרות שהמסעדה האהובה עליי בפריז נסגרה לא מזמן (וכמה חבל שלא יצא לי להמליץ לך עליה) אני בטוחה שתמצאי מסעדה קטנה ומצויינת לספר עליה. למרות שבפריז אפילו סתם באגט וגבינה על הדשא בפארק נחשב לארוחת מלכים. לא לשכוח יין ואיזה חתיך צרפתי על יד זה. בונאפטיט

    ReplyDelete