Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Paris- Recap



It's been an interesting week.
From being sick again the first couple days, to dealing with not knowing the language, then getting my stuff stolen and all the bummer that came with that (Mom fedexed me my other passport, should arrive tomorrow just before I leave for Barcelona). All the while I'm in this beautiful city, seeing places and buildings that I've known of all my life.
Paris is the kind of city that you know so much about it before you even start to learn what you want to do- it's in every movie, tv show, pictures all over the world. And suddenly you're here- and you see it all, and it's almost like if you don't fall in love with it right away- something's wrong with you. Yes- it's beautiful, so many little place to see, little cobblestone streets and hidden gems everywhere you turn, I'm not in love though..
Again- what makes a place are the people, not the buildings or sights. I was lucky enough to meet a couple of people in my hostel room a couple of nights ago, one of them got all of her things stolen in Barcelona. We hugged it out and spent the evening together, and I started to feel a lot better about being here.
Anna- thanks for the hug and the talk.
I'm leaving this city without seeing the Louvre, Versaille, Rodin museum and many other "must see" places. I want to come back one day. When I do, it will be with someone who's very important in my life, in the spring or summer.
I'm very excited about Barcelona, simply because everyone tells me how much I'm gonna love it, and because I don't know that much about the city so I'm leaving a lot to the element of surprise. I'm also looking forward to warmer weather and leaving my coat in my bag for a while.
I love you all, and I miss you all very much. Naomi

This is a picture from the Rodin gardens. I'm uploading ALL my pictures onto facebook..

4 comments:

  1. Maybe next time you will fall in love with Paris. I know I did when I was there, only if I spoke French could I love it more!
    Ahhhh...Barcelona!! I love those Spaniards. Be on the look out for dread-lock mullets, that was the look when I was there. Very interesting! I hope you enjoy Spain! It is absolutely fabulous!
    Are you going to San Sebastian? That could possibly be the best place ever!
    Miss you xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barcelona is fabulous. Enjoy all the sights, the food and the nice people. I'm off to Facebook now to see you pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naomi, Reading about your experience in Paris made my heart sink. Glad you can continue your trip. If you take in a bullfight in Barcelona, think about me in that ring... While in Pamplona Spain on my trip, I really did run with the bulls and "faced" 6 different 2 year old bulls (with leathered horns) in the ring - with about 200 other guys. I also enjoyed Barcelona, especially the Picasso Museum, and hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff is still helping me. More later SABA

    ReplyDelete